From 2011 to 2016 Dance United Yorkshire has enjoyed continued success in challenging circumstances. The organisation has established itself from a subsidiary of Dance United to become fully independent and a self-funded organisation within three years. This has been achieved by:
- Developing a robust business model to meet the needs of our regional partners and remain viable in a challenging economic environment.
- Evolving projects and a recruitment strategy to include the needs of both young people and referral agencies, which have increased our participation numbers by 150% per annum.
- Maintaining historic partnerships with bodies such as Bradford YOT, whilst also forging new partnerships in other areas regionally, nationally and internationally.
- Developing our regional workforce through training and investing in local, Yorkshire based practitioners.
- Further investing in choreographic development including work with key established artists and organisations.